For a Sourced Review of the AKAI LPD8 click here.
The AKAI LPD8 is a direct competitor to the Korg Nano Series of mini drum pad controllers for virtual music environments.
The LPD8 looks like it could also be an alternative to the bigger MPD series by AKAI.
Of course, this piece of gear will be perfect for triggering and auditioning samples in FL Studio, Reason, Logic, etc as its both PC and MAC compatible.
“Producers who love the feel of the MPC and want to work with software on their computer will find that the LPD8 gives their laptop the controls they prefer over a mouse and keyboard.”
– AKAI PRO
This USB-based device is perfect for the Laptop / Mobile studio as it can sit right below your typing keyboard or to the side.
The device features the following specs (from AKAI website)
- USB-MIDI controller works with virtually all audio software
- Eight backlit, velocity-sensitive drum pads can send note or program change
- Eight Q-Link knobs for controlling virtually any parameters in software
- Plug-and-play USB connection for Mac and PC requires no driver installation
- Small enough to fit in a backpack or laptop bag
- Four programmable memory banks
- Comes with editor software for Mac and PC
- USB bus powered – no additional power cable needed
More Pages Inside:
KORG’s standard in portable Midi Controllers
MicroKORG just got an update.
MPC Skin LOOP Button for FL Studio|Rich Kidd at Beat Lounge|Still Born iPhone Beatmaking Session
9th Wonder & Duke University Discuss The Art of Sampling
SampleSimple 3.0 Soon Coming
Propellerhead RECORD Micro Tutorial
Voice Sampling with the Roland SP-555 MIC Function
Happy New Year To YOU
Audio Recording Tips For Intua Beatmaker
Digital Sampling Demo of the AKAI MPC Renaissance
Sampling YouTube into KORG KAOSS KP3 via iPod Touch
AKAI LPD8 DRUM PAD CONTROLLER
“Drum Kits” For Your iPhone @makayama
Mobile Music Making 3.0 with Apple iPhone – iPod Touch